Photos from Down Under
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
I have been back from my Australia and New Zealand book tour for a little over a week now, and it took nearly the whole week to fully reset my internal clock. Sydney is 15 hours ahead of Philadelphia, and Auckland another two hours on top of that. It was a mind bender for me to consider that my Sunday in Sydney was still Saturday back home.
Now I'm supposed to be putting the finishing touches on my taxes, and of course am looking for any and every excuse to procrastinate. So how about we look at some photos of my trip? (With apologies to my patient accountant.)
Here we go...
1. My New Zealand publicist Raewyn Davies during one of our mini-sightseeing excursions in between events
2. My Australian publicist Louisa Dear and I saying goodbye at the Sydney Airport
3. My publisher Bernadette Foley and her companion Peter John (didn't ask his last name!) on Bondi Beach
4. A salesman demonstrating the traditional Aboriginal instrument, a didgeridoo, made from a tree branch hollowed out by termites
5. Sailing out of Sydney Harbor into open ocean with Hachette Australia managing director Malcolm Edwards aboard his beautiful sailing sloop
6. The iconic Sydney Opera House as we sailed past aboard Malcolm's boat
posted by John Grogan at 2:12 PM